Thursday, May 21, 2009

Our Conversations

So this week has been pretty busy. I started my intercession class on Monday. It’s Basic College Math from 8-10:15 Monday thru Friday. It started out like, I’m guessing 4th Grade math…..not kidding. We started chapter one on Monday and took a test at the end of the class on Monday. It is getting a little harder….fractions. But I got an A on that test too. We are starting chapter 4 tomorrow. Last year I was told I had to take Beginning Algebra and Advanced algebra, so I did, now they changed the requirements and said instead of testing high on the compass test we have to take a Math for Radiography class. It’s required. The other two Algebra classes were harder! Only 2 more weeks of this class and then we move on to something a little more challenging.
Kayla had pajama day at school on Monday, she was so excited. She got to wear her PJ’s with the gum ball machine on the front that she got from the Easter Bunny. This is how our conversation went that evening when we got home…

Me: How was School?
KK: Good, we got to watch cartoons all day
Me: ALL DAY?
KK: No, not allllll day.
Me: What cartoons did you watch?
KK: Cars
Me: No way!
KK: Yip, we watched Mater!
Me: Did you take a nap?
KK: NO!
Me: Why not? You had your PJ’s on. Your supposed to take a nap when you have your PJ’s on.
KK: Not at school, Mom!

Scott has been taking the kid’s to Linda’s this week so in the mornings I get them dressed and ready to go. So here’s a story on Kyle…..

Me: Kayla have a good day at school and be good.
Kayla: Ok mom, you too and get an A on your test today.
Me: Ok Kayla, Thanks. Kyle be good at Linda’s today, Got It? (Kyle isn’t always the best little boy at Linda’s. We have to threaten ….. A LOT!)
Kyle: quietly walking out to “Little Grey” (Scott’s S-10) says nothing
Me: Kyle! GOT IT?
Kyle: (looks back at me with a shit ass little grin, you may know what I’m talking about it know my brother Steve) says “I’m walking to the truck now, Mom.”

Obviously, he’s not making any promises!

This weekend we don’t have a lot of plans because Scott is going to be in the field. The kids are going to the camp ground Friday and Saturday. Nancy, Scott’s sister, and family wanted the kids to come out one night and camp. So on Saturday, Carrie, her mom and sister, Dawn and I are going to Champaign to make a final Dress decision. I am looking forward to a great relaxing weekend. Hope you all have a great weekend too!



AngieSignature32

No comments:

Post a Comment