Sunday, August 1, 2010

Ending summer with a bang!

I am officially on my three week summer break! Last Thursday was my last day at my clinical site. Those eight weeks flew by faster than I thought they would. Starting a new clinical site has been frustrating for me. Just as I'm getting comfortable at one hospital, it is time to move to a new site. At the new site everyone has a different way of doing things as well as the protocol is usually different. Within a few weeks I get settled in and I don't feel as "stupid" anymore. About one week before the new site I start stressing out about it! LOL That will be here before we know it! But we have a lot to do before school starts.

Yesterday, Kayla and I had a "Mommy and Kayla day". We took off and went to Terre Haute to do some shopping. Kayla needed a few clothes to start school with and of course some school supplies. Before we left for our shopping trip we had a minor accident at home in the kitchen. I was is the process of doing laudary, dishes and sweeping when I heard this noise coming from the kitchen. Sounding like something spraying or at first what I thought was a gas leak. I found a water hose under the sink had busted so I ran out to the front of the house to turn off the main water line. After tearing through what seemed like a whole role of insulation (used to keep the pipe from freezing in the winter) I finally found the knob that turns the water off. Scott was on his way home, so no fear! Kayla and I took off for Terre Haute and Scott and Kyle fixed the water disaster!

Thursday, The Meinhart's are taking off for Lake Barkley! We are all excited! It should be fun with all 19 of us staying in 2 town houses! I do believe all the kids are staying in the same town house as their grandparents! LOL That will be so much fun, Right Grandpa? ;)

We are still waiting to hear is Jasper County will have their Pre-K program. Kyle will be in the am class if it continues. We are really hoping it will happen, Kyle needs some structure!

Hope this finds you all well!

AngieSignature32

No comments:

Post a Comment