Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Wait is on....

Well, the wait is on. I have applied for the 2009 Radiography program at OCC. Applications have to be in by March 1, 2009. I have done all that is asked of me.....

A. Complete an application to OCC by March 1 for admission in May. CHECK

B. Submit official copies of high school transcript and college transcripts. CHECK

C. Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 for all college level courses. CHECK

D. COMPASS/ASSET test scores must be in the 34th national percentile or above in English, reading and mathematics in accordance with OCC admission standards. CHECK

E. Successfully complete General Biology I with a grade of C or better. CHECK (I got an A)

F. Successfully complete CIS 1101 or higher level computer class or approved documentation of computer proficiency through work experience or approved high school computer coursework. CHECK (lots of computer classes at LLC)

G. Successfully complete HEA 2299 which includes a radiography orientation and 8 hours of agency observation. CHECK

H. All prospective students must review the Program handbook and clinical guide, and complete the form. CHECK

I. It is the policy of OCC to screen its students applying to the Radiography Program for prior criminal convictions as a condition for admission. CHECK....I think.

J. Effective summer semester 2009, recent changes in radiography accreditation standards now require all radiography school graduates to have a minimum of 15 hours of college general education credits from the following subject areas:

Written or oral communication

Math

Social or behavioral science

Natural science

Computer or fine arts

CHECK

Okay thats about it. I looked online today at my transcripts and I currently have a GPA of 4.0 going into the progam. So the process starts on March 1st and I won't find out until the end of March. I hate waiting...... but I am confident that I will be accepted into the program. If not there is something wrong with OCC's program!


AngieSignature32

2 comments: