Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It was.......

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I will make this dish again...soon. This was not as easy as the last one I posted by not nearly as time consuming as it may seem when you read it.


Taco-Filled Pasta Shells
By: Lori Probst

2 lbs ground beef

1 cup taco sauce

2 env. taco seasoning

2 cups shredded colby and monterey jack cheese

1 (8oz) pkg. cream cheese (CUBED)

1.5 c crushed tortilla chips

24 uncooked jumbo pasta shells

1 cup sour cream

1/4 c melted butter

1 cup salsa

3 green onions

Cook beef; drain. Add taco seasoning according to package directions. Add cream cheese, cover and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and chill for 1 hour. Cook pasta; drain; then gently toss with butter. Fill each shell with 3 tablespoons meat mixture. Put salsa in bottom of a 9-inch baking dish. Top with stuffed shells and taco sauce. Cover and bake at 350 for 30 min. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese and chips. Bake 15 minutes longer. Serve with sour cream and onions. Top with lettuce and tomatoes. Freeze other 12 stuffed shells. When ready to use, thaw 24 hours in refrigerator. Prepare as you did other shells and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.

Ok, First of all I did not let the taco meat/ cream cheese mixture chill for 1 hour. I don't have time for that step. Second, I used a 9x13 class dish. Third, I used Chedder and moz. cheese instead of colby and Monterey jack. I left out the butter step, and the onions (kids don't like). I also did not put any in the freezer so that we can have dinner tomorrow. LOVED IT! If you have any questions feel free to leave me a comment, Jenny ;)





AngieSignature32

3 comments:

  1. Love the pics of the food. Who needs a recipe book when we have your blog (ha ha). I love the idea of posting recipes. I may have to post one of our favorites sometime. I think I might have to try both of your recipes. My kids don't eat anything so I get very tired of cooking when they are not going to eat it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids don't like to eat very well when we eat early. They would eat better if we waited until 7, but Scott likes to come home and eat and see the kids and then go to the farm! Post a recipe, I'm getting tired of the same ol stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I have to say that the Probst family always has the best recipes. It seems like every time we have a get-together they've got some recipe that we want to get ahold of. Looks delicious. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete